January 08, 2010

Long Time No Hear From Me

Yikes, it's been a long time since I've posted.  It's not that I haven't thought about it.  I've thought about it plenty.  But, let me tell you that when we got the go-ahead on our pool build last spring, it stopped me dead in my tracks -- for blogging, that is.

We had been waiting for all the permits and whatnot to get completed before digging day.  We literally found out the pool guy was ready to dig one day ahead of time, which meant I had to haul a@@ and dig up a bazillion plants before they got here.

Yes, I had been digging up plants before that day, but I still had quite a few that needed to be moved.  And, as far as a garden goes, you can find yourself digging and digging and digging when you only thought you  had a handful that still needed to be pulled up. So, to make a long story short, I dug up the garden that needed to be relocated, the machines came the following day, it took 3 weeks for the pool build, and then it was on to the landscaping effort.

We spent weeks on our backyard and then we reached the point where we dropped our shovels and decided to enjoy the pool.  It was awesome, I must say.  I dropped my hiney down on a pool float and lounged like I had never lounged before.  And, then, an old co-worker came calling and offered me a part-time job that I couldn't refuse!  The part-time gig turned into full time by mid-summer and then slowed back down to a manageable pace by October.  Just in time for the holidays to be in full swing.  So, here I am, months later, picking my blog back up. 

I do intend to document our pool landscaping project at some point.  It was such an interesting project and I still have a few odds and ends to complete and adjust this spring.

I also noticed the other day that it's getting time to think about doing some real gardening again as I need to get busy on some seeds soon!  It's so hard to imagine all this right now as DFW is experiencing some of the coldest weather in over a decade!  Brrr.

Anyway, it's good to be back.  I'm excited about gardening once again, and I am looking forward to a colorful new season!

No comments: