April 19, 2009

Garden Tour Inspiration


There is nothing like seeing a beautiful garden to get inspired. Today, I visited six local gardens. They’re not municipal or city gardens, but home gardens -- ones that people have built on their own or hired a landscape designer to plant and design. I especially like the ones done by the do-it-yourselfers. There’s something about those gardens that just ooze personality and interest.

Here’s a look at some pictures from today’s outing:




This garden was filled with several beautiful containers. I loved this one at the entrance to her patio. She often used statuary in her planters which I thought was very pretty.


This next photo shows this gardener's raised herb garden. It is about 3 feet high - perfect for easily plucking herbs for cooking. Love it!




This next garden was my absolute favorite. The gardener is a Master Gardener and her garden is a designated Wildlife Habitat. She has been cultivating this garden for 11 years. My pictures do not do her garden justice!




I absolutely LOVE the red poppies. I'm so excited that she shared some seeds with me!
The yellow flowers below are Texas Primrose.


The backyard features a sloping hill with a winding path through trees. I absolutely love the Texas Gold Columbine. I am going to have to get some for my garden!
The patio area features a koi pond. What a relaxing area!

1 comment:

Linzi said...

Very inspiring! Beautiful pictures. I love poppies too! Hoping I manage to get them to actually flower as lovely as your pic's!

Linzi x